Wednesday 17 February 2010

An introduction

Hello, my name is Jonathon Parker, I am a 19 year old Traceur (practitioner of parkour) from the Lincoln area. I am developing this blog as part of a journalism assessment, but plan to continue adding to it if people show interest. The content of this blog will revolve around progression made in my training, news relating to the Lincsparkour community and parkour in general and stuff that I find interesting.


Thawing out

Winter is finally coming to a slow and wet end so outside training can pick up once again. Yesterday was the first truly gorgeous day since sometime in november and as a result, called for a nice session in the sun. I was joined by Joe Mclean and Simon Mowlam from about 13:30 till about 16:00. The session was mostly spent filming for Joe's upcoming sampler, which involved filming sequences at City hall, the M+S ramps and the back of Gamestation. Got some nice movements that I hope to capture on camera including a tic tac that cut the top of my hand pretty nicely.

Gym session

The gym session yesterday was mainly unneventful, cleaned up my Btwist techniques and worked on throwing hook kicks with my wrong leg (the right one). Hopefully this will help towards linking movements like Gainer flash kicks to Btwists, but my spazzy left leg 540 kicks are still posing a problem for combos.

The most notable event of the evening was Tom's BEEAAAAUUUTTIIFFULLL combo, linking together:

Cork - Right hook - Btwist - (swing through) Cork.

When I find a video of one of these bad boys I will post it up!

That's all from me for now, but I will be posting again on friday with word from tomorrow's night training session.

Cheers folks ;)

Jonny (Fezz)

No comments:

Post a Comment